Visitors from the European Union, most Commonwealth countries ( see list of countries) and the USA do NOT require visas. Visitors from other countries should apply for visa at least Four Weeks before arrival.
APPLY FOR VISA ATLEAST 4 WEEKS IN ADVANCE
Where Can I apply for a Visa?
There are 20 diplomatic missions in 17 countries around the world where visa applications can also be made: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, China, Ethiopia, India, Japan, Kenya, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa (Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town), Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United Nations(New York), Zambia and Zimbabwe.
OR couried directly to the Ministry of Nationality Immigration and Gender: Department of Immigration and Citizenship (Department of Immigration and Citizenship P.O Box 942 Gaborone, Botswana; Tel: +267 361 1300; Migration and Visa Division Tel: + 267 361 1327/44 Tel + 267 361 1300).
For more information, please visit the website of the Ministry of Nationality Immigration and Gender Affairs
For a list of countries that REQUIRE a Visa: download here.
List of countries that do NOT require a visa: download here
REQUIREMENTS FOR VISA APPLICATIONS
1. Fully completed immigration supplementary form 1. [BY APPLICANT]
2. Applicant’s certified copies of passport pages – [ SHOWING VALIDITY, PHOTOGRAPH & HISTORY]
3. Two recent coloured PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOS
4. Covering letter from the host.
5. If previously applied for visa please attach the copy of the outcome.
6. Employment/ business – relevant information/documents is required – [OFFER/INVITATION LETTER, CONTRACT&CONFIRMATIONOF EMPLOYMENT INCLUDING RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS].
7. If coming by road please specify on the covering letter & include contact details [ADDRESS & PHONE]
8. Travel schedule /flight itinerary/bookings.
NB: ALL THOSE USING EMERGENCY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS SHOULD FIRST VERIFY IF THEY REQUIRE VISAS TO VISIT BOTSWANA EVEN IF THEY APPEAR ON THE LIST OF VISA EXEMPTED COUNTRIES.
VISITORS/ BUISNESS/ CONFERENCE; – P1500 application fee- Submit with the nearest Botswana Representative Office
1. A copy of hotel/lodge bookings or residential address of the host.
2. Return visa or residence permit from country of residence
3. Cormfimation of employment/ release letter from employment
4. Waiver from department of labour or copies of work and residence permits.
5. Employment offer letter or confirmation of employment.
NB: COPIES OF ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE CERTIFIED BY RELEVANT AUTHORITIES.
PLEASE PROVIDE CONTACT DETAILS FOR COMMUNICATION PURPOSE.
UPON COLLECTION PLEASE BRING DOCUMENTS OF IDENTIFICATION AND ORIGINALPAYMENT RECEIPT
NB: Those who have to apply for visa are advised to submit application at least 4 weeks in advance.
If you require further assistant, please contact the following person:
Ms Fredah Masilompane
Telephone: +267 360 7512